Open Back Banjos
Deering: ARTISAN GTSPOB(Item ID: ARTISAN GTSPOB Serial#: NNE08051707)
5-String Open-Back Banjo with Midnight Maple Fingerboard and Brown Satin Finish
From the Deering website:
"The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos epitomizes Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could. Pearloid vintage artisan style inlays pop off the new Midnight Maple fingerboard, while the peg head is adorned with a beautifully engraved design.
The patented Special Tone Ring found beneath the beauty of the Artisan Goodtime Special Openback makes it louder and brighter than the standard openback model and is great for players who like to jam and want to be heard. The rich brown stain, planetary tuners, and Deering peg head shape gives the classic look of a vintage banjo. This versatile banjo can also be played in the keys of A, B, or C by using the spikes which are already installed and a capo. If you enjoy playing standing up this is perfect as it weighs 6.5 lbs and you can stand up play it all night long!
Being an openback banjo, this is great for the Clawgrass style of playing because the tone ring gives it that brighter tone needed for Clawgrass music and other modern openback styles that need a banjo with sustain that projects freely. It is first and foremost a very playable instrument, that is built to be durable and travel easily, while being a superb sounding banjo that pleases audiences."
* Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained with a Rich Brown Satin Finish
* Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
* Goodtime Logo Engraved On Peghead
* Midnight Maple Fingerboard
* Planetary Tuners
* Geared 5th String Tuner
* Spikes installed at 7th, 9th, & 10th frets
* 6 Year Warranty
* 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
* Patented Goodtime Tone Ring
* 11″ Frosted Top Head
* Steel Tension Hoop
* A Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
* 16 Bracket Shoes
* 16 Flat Hooks and 9/32″ Hex Nuts
* Patented Adjustable Goodtime Tailpiece
* Nickel Plated Armrest
* Nickel Plated Hardware
* Neck Width at the Nut - 1 1/4″,
* Scale Length Nut to Bridge - 26 1/4″
* Diameter - 11″
* Overall Instrument Length - 37.5″
* Weight - Approx. 6.5 lbs
* Comes with light gauge strings: 10, 11, 13, 21W, 10
This banjo comes with a Triangle Box/Case. It does not include a gig bag or hardshell case.
Click below to popup a larger image