Open Back Banjos
Deering: ARTISAN GTAMER(Item ID: ARTISAN GTAMER Serial#: NNE08051708)
Artisan Americana 5-String Open-Back Banjo with !2" Head and Satin Brown Finish
From the Deering website:
"The Goodtime Artisan Americana features a 12” rim, which gives the banjo a stronger bass response and a much warmer tone. The fullness and warmth of the larger rim is further enhanced by the addition of a 12” Renaissance head which beautifully complements the banjo both visually and sonically. The Artisan version of the Goodtime Americana features a rich brown stain, planetary banjo tuners, and the Midnight Maple fingerboard.
Played with an old time style technique, the Americana is reminiscent of banjos from a period when larger rims were more prevalent which makes the 12” a great setup for playing old time music. A traditional 11" banjo with a frosted top head has a far brighter sound and will "cut" more. Since the combination of the Grand 12' rim and the Renaissance head makes for a wonderfully laid back sound in comparison, the Americana lends itself perfectly for musicians looking to use the banjo to back up a vocalist or another instrument, instead of playing the a lead instrument role.
The stunning new Artisan Goodtime banjos embodies Greg Deering’s lifelong vision for the Deering Banjo Company – to make the best sounding, best playing, best looking, and best value U.S.A. made banjo that he possibly could."
* Slender Rock Maple Neck Stained A Rich Brown
* Midnight Maple Fingerboard
* 22 Pressed In Nickel Silver Frets
* Vintage Artisan Style Inlays
* Goodtime Americana Logo Engraved On Peghead
* Planetary Tuners
* Geared 5th String Tuner
* Durable Satin Finish
* Deering Peghead shape
* 12" 3-ply Violin Grade Maple Rim Stained Rich Brown
* Steel Tension Hoop
* 12" Renaissance High Crown Head
* 5/8" Maple/Ebony Goodtime Bridge
* 16 Flat Hooks with 9/32″ Nuts
* 16 Bracket Shoes with Screw Attachments
* Nickel Plated Armrest
* Deering Patented Goodtime Tailpiece
* Steel Coordinator Rod for Adjustments
* Durable Satin Finisck
* Overall Instrument Length - 37 3/4″
* Weight Approx. 5 lbs
This banjo comes with a Triangle Box/Case. It does not include a gigbag or hardshell case.
Click below to popup a larger image