Kentucky: KM-272(Item ID: KM-272 Serial#: 15054992)
Artist Oval Hole A-Style Mandolin with Carved Solid Spruce and Maple and Transparent Amber Finish
From the Saga website:
"Before 1922, most popular mandolins had Oval-shaped sound holes offering a distinctive sound that played a significant role in shaping the sound of popular music of the day. To this day, vintage examples of these popular A-style instruments are still played by discerning musicians and coveted by collectors around the world. Now, anyone can afford to own this legendary mandolin design in a Kentucky KM-272 A-style mandolin with the oval sound hole! Incorporating the best features of vintage designs, and using only the best tone woods, each instrument is expertly hand-carved and graduated to produce an instrument with a tone, look and build quality of highly prized collectible instruments."
Features and Specs:
* Body Style - A-Model
* Finish - High-Gloss Transparent Amber Nitrocellulose
* Back and Side Material - Solid Maple
* Binding - Ivoroid
* Top - Solid Spruce
* Top Purfling - None
* Bridge Material - Rosewood with Adjustment Wheel
* Neck Material - One-Piece Maple
* Neck/Body Joint - Dovetail
* Fingerboard Material - Rosewood
* Fingerboard Binding - White ABS
* Fingerboard Inlay - M-O-P Dots
* Scale Length - 13 7/8"
* Number of Frets Clear - 14
* Number of Frets Total - 22
* Nut Material- Bone
* Nut Width - 1 1/8"
* Peghead Inlay - Vintage Wreath White Pearl and Pearl Kentucky Script
* Peghead Overlay - Snakehead Rosewood
* Pickguard - Black/White/Black ABS with Beveled Edge
* Plating - Nickel-Plated / Pattern and Logo Stamped
* Tailpiece - Nickel-Plated with Coverplate and Leather Insert
* Truss Rod - Traditional 2-Screw Black ABS
* Tuning Machines - High Quality Tuning Machines with White Buttons
This mandolin does not include a case.
Click below to popup a larger image