Fender: 0113092748(Item ID: 0113092748 Serial#: US17040109)
American Professional Jazzmaster in Sonic Grey with Maple Fingerboard
From the Fender website:
"An elegant model with flexible electronics and a rich voice, the Jazzmaster's introduction in 1958 marked the first time a rosewood fingerboard was used on a Fender instrument. And though it was originally intended for sophisticated jazz guitarists, the Jazzmaster was quickly embraced by musicians attracted to its left-of-center looks and fat sound. Thanks to its effortless playing feel and ergonomic offset waist body, the Jazzmaster has powered a wide range of musical genres, including surf rock, gospel, new wave and indie rock.
A direct descendant of the guitar that powered underground music from the late-'60s to today, the new American Professional Jazzmaster is the latest form of electric inspiration from Fender."
* New Pickups: Developed by longtime pickup guru Michael Frank, creator of the renowned Eric Johnson Signature Stratocaster Pickups, the brand-new V-Mod Jazzmaster pickups kick out hot, vintage inspired tone with plenty of punch and definition. V-Mod pickups are engineered using a proprietary blend of Alnico magnet types for the neck and middle pickups. Each pickup is voiced specifically for its position, creating high-output tone with vintage warmth and the crisp, clear sound that made Fender a legend.
* Treble Bleed Circuit: The treble bleed circuit maintains the high end when turning down the volume knob to reduce gain, letting your tone shine through, no matter where the instrument's volume is set.
* New "Deep C" Neck Profile: Designed for comfort and speed, the new American Professional "Deep C" neck profile sports more substantial shoulders - somewhat between a Modern "C" and "U"-shaped profile. The increased mass and altered geometry creates a more natural feel that's perfect for chord and single-note playing alike.
* Narrow-Tall Frets: Narrow-tall frets are taller and narrower than their medium jumbo cousins, making them especially effective for bending notes and playing chords up the neck with perfect intonation.
* New Bridge: The improved Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo and Bridge incorporates a screw-in tremolo arm and brass Mustang saddles that stabilize the strings while adding a touch of sonic zip to your tone.
* Body Material - Alder
* Body Finish - Gloss Polyurethane
* Neck - Maple, Modern "Deep C"
* Neck Finish - Satin Urethane Finish
* Headstock Face - Gloss Urethane
* Fingerboard - Maple with 9.5" (241 mm) Radius
* Frets - 22, Narrow Tall
* Position Inlays - White Dot
* Nut (Material/Width) - Bone, 1.685" (42.8 mm)
* Tuning Machines - Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
* Scale Length - 25.5" (648 mm)
* Bridge - 9.5" Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
* Pickguard - Mint Green
* Pickups - V-Mod Single-Coil Jazzmaster (Bridge/Neck)
* Pickup Switching - 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
* Special Electronics - 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase when Both Pickups are On
* Controls - Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
* Control Knobs - White "Witch Hat"
* Hardware Finish - Nickel/Chrome
This guitar includes Fender's new Elite molded hardshell featuring TSA latches for increased security.
Click below to popup a larger image