Fender: 0196902752(Item ID: 0196902752 Serial#: US16105400)
American Elite Precision Bass with Ash Body and Maple Fingerboard and Tobacco Burst Finish
From the Fender website:
"Updating Fender’s classic design with revolutionary technology and sound, the American Elite Precision Bass is an entirely new beast of a bass. Designed for 21st-century players who push the envelope of tone and possibility every time they play, this bass is a multi-faceted performer with classic style, exceptional feel and versatile, giant sound that leaves others in the dust.
Many new features distinguish the Elite Series including;
- Fender’s all new fourth generation Noiseless pickups. Exclusive to the American Elite series, they combine modern noise-free performance with authentic vintage-style sound that doesn’t sacrifice one iota of warmth.
- A redesigned robust 18-volt preamp cranks up the power for even more signal quality for chest-thumping tone with more headroom and reduced noise.
- Designed for fast playing and effortless position changes, the compound profile neck with a 9.5"- 14" compound radius fingerboard is ideal for all playing styles. The profile transitions along the length of the neck with a modern "C" shape at the nut that morphs into a modern "D" shaped profile at the updated neck heel, providing plenty of comfortable support for fret hand antics.
- A Posiflex graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting temperature and humidity-induced warping.
- The HiMass Vintage bridge increases note attack and resonance for thunderous bass lines with mammoth punch and near endless sustain while allowing either top-load or strings-thru-body stringing.
- In a vintage-inspired touch, the new truss rod adjustment wheel has been moved to the butt end of the neck for easier access, making neck relief adjustments a snap.
Fender is renowned for head-turning style, and this bass is no different—from the ergonomic contours to the black chrome headstock logo, large pearloid fret markers and a new color this instrument will amaze the audience with titanic sound and classic aesthetics. The American Elite Precision Bass is a daring new tonal multi-tool for modern bassists who need an instrument that doesn’t just meet the performance demands of modern music - it completely disintegrates them."
Features and Specs:
• Body Material - Ash
• Body Finish - Gloss Polyurethane
• Neck Material - Maple
• Neck Shape - Compound Back Shape, Modern "C" to "D"
• Scale Length - 34" (864 mm)
• Fingerboard Radius - 9.5"-14" Compound Radius (241 mm-355.6 mm)
• Number of Frets - 21
• Fret Size - Medium Jumbo
• String Nut - Bone
* Nut Width - 1.625" (41.3 mm)
• Truss Rod Nut - Heel-Mounted Spoke Wheel Adjustment
• Neck Plate - 5-Bolt Asymmetrical
• Neck Finish - Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
• Fingerboard - Maple
• Position Inlays - Black Pearloid Dots
• Bridge Pickup - New 4th Generation Noiseless
• Middle Pickup - Elite Precision Bass
• Controls - Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
• Pickup Switching - 2-Way Mini Toggle Switch for Active/Passive Mode. In Passive Mode, Only The Volume, Pan and Passive Tone Controls Function. In Active Mode, All Controls Function.
• Pickup Configuration - PJ
• Special Electronics - 18V Preamp with Active 3-Band EQ
• Bridge - 4-Saddle HiMass Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
• Tuning Machines - Fender "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts
• Pickguard - 3-Ply Mint Green
• Control Knobs - Knurled Flat-Top
This guitar includes a redesigned Elite Molded Case with TSA locks and body-hugging contours to provide increased protection.
Click below to popup a larger image