Fender: 0193902748(Item ID: 0193902748 Serial#: US17077808)
American Professional series Jazz Bass in Sonic Grey With Maple Fingerboard
"Evolved for today’s musician, the American Professional Jazz Bass combines modern features and materials with Fender’s craftsmanship and expertise to produce a truly contemporary bass.
Speedy, powerful and articulate, the Jazz Bass quickly carved out a niche for itself when it was released in 1960. The slim, ultra-fast neck and slick offset-waist styling made it a favorite of bassists everywhere. Funk, fusion, disco and, of course, modern rock all owe a life debt to the fantastically versatile Jazz Bass.
Developed by pickup master Michael Bump, the brand-new V-Mod single-coil Jazz Bass pickups use a carefully selected blend of alnico magnet types for balanced tone with authentic Fender sonic DNA. Designed for comfort and performance, the slim modern “C”-shaped neck profile feels just right nestled in your hand, becoming one with you, while the narrow-tall frets provide a familiar playing feel and perfect intonation. Posiflex™ graphite support rods run the length of the neck, adding stability to the neck while resisting warping. The redesigned tuning machines use a fluted shaft, creating the optimum break angle over the nut while keeping the string windings tight for increased sustain and enhanced tuning stability."
Features and Specifications:
• Body - Alder
• Body Finish - Gloss Polyurethane
• Neck Material -Maple
• Neck Finish - Satin Urethane Finish on Back, Gloss Urethane Finish on Front
• Neck Shape - "Slim C"
• Scale Length - 34" (864 mm)
• Fingerboard - Maple
• Fingerboard Radius - 9.5" (241 mm)
• Number of Frets - 20
• Frets Size - Narrow Tall
• String Nut - Bone
• Nut Width - 1.5" (38.1 mm)
• Position Inlays - Black Dots
• Bridge Pickup - V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
• Middle Pickup - V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
• Controls - Volume 1. (Middle Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Tone
• Pickup Configuration - SS
• Bridge - 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
• Hardware Finish - Nickel/Chrome
• Tuning Machines - Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts
• Pickguard - 3-Ply Parchment
• Control Knobs - Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass®
This guitar includes a deluxe hardshell case.
Click below to popup a larger image